The Amirthi Zoological Park is situated in the district of Vellore, Tamil Nadu. The jungle is separated into two halves, one to serve for tourists and the other half for the protected region.
Adventure lovers can trek here during which they can visit the waterfalls that cascades in the idle of the forest. Many different species of wildlife can be spotted here. The park is situated under the Javadi Hills in Tellai and offer a great weekend getaway for tourists. It was established in the year 1967 and is a great place to spend an entire day.
The animals in the forest include wild cats, hedgehog, tortoises, peacock, eagles, foxes, mongoose and red headed parrots among many others in the wild. Monkeys can be spotted in every nook and branch of the trees.
The Amrithi falls is situated inside the park and one can enjoy themselves by taking a plunge into the pool at the base of the falls.
Places to Visit :
Amrithi waterfalls, Pallakollai range and Padavedu forest.
Things To Do:
- Stay at a safe distance from the wildlife and do not disturb them
- Maintain the cleanliness of the sanctuary
- Do not feed the animals
- Do not wander off on your own during the tour
- Wear clothes that do not attract attention
- Carry a first aid kit with you at all times in case of emergency
- Do not take a heavy bag with you
- Carry lots of water with you
- Listen carefully to the instructions of the guide and follow accordingly