Kolli Hill Station - Tamilnadu
The Kolli Hills in Tamil Nadu exudes a distinct and an offbeat adventurous experience that enthralls the adventure seekers. Kolli Hills takes pride in possessing 70 breathtaking hairpin bends which make it a favourite destination of the motorbiking enthusiasts.
This hill station is known for being the untamed hub of biodiversity with its pristine natural environment. Placed at an altitude of 1300 meters above the sea level, the Kolli Hills attracts hundreds of trekkers as well as nature lovers all across the country. The climate is so soothing here that the temperature never rises above 30 degree Celsius or falls below 13 degree Celsius.
The chilling weather would relax your nerves making it a perfect escapade from the din and chaos of the city. The Kolli Hills houses two beautiful shrines called Ettukai Amman Temple and Arapaleeswarar Temple due to which it also acquired the status of a pilgrimage site. The view of the mesmerizing Agasagangai waterfalls from the Kolli Hills captivates everyone watching it.
- Kolli Hills translates to "Mountain of Death" in the Tamil language.
- There are 70 hairpin bends to reach the Kolli Hills which are so terrifying at the same time thrilling.
- Kolli Hills is spread across an area of 280 sq. Km and is situated at a height of 1300 meter above the sea level.
- Kolli Hills is named after Goddess Ettukai Amman who is a local deity popular as Kolli Pavai.
- The locals believe that the Kolli Hills are still guarded by the Goddess Kolli Pavai.
- Kolli Hills is carpeted with innumerable medicinal plants and exotic tropical fruits.
- A long stretch of evergreen or shola forest covers the Kolli Hills and it is said to be the largest in the entire Southern part of the Eastern Ghats.
Best Time to Visit :
The picturesque Kolli Hills of Tamil Nadu is blessed with a moderate climatic condition throughout the year and hence it can be visited all year round irrespective of the season. But the tourists can thoroughly enjoy their visit to Kolli Hills between the months of March to June.
Winters in Kolli Hills are relatively cold and soothing. Kolli Hills welcomes the winter season during the month of December and it lasts till February with temperature ranging between 13 degree Celsius to 18 degree Celsius. Unlike the summer season in other places, in Kolli Hills, the summers are not so humid which makes it favorable for sightseeing and outdoor activities. Monsoon knocks Kolli Hills between the months of June to October.
The waterfalls and streams will be in full glory during these months but there are chances of landslides. So be very careful while visiting Kolli Hills during the monsoon season.
How To Reach:
Air Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) International Airport is the nearest airport to Kolli Hills which is situated at a distance of 112 Km.
By Rail Salem Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Kolli Hills which is situated at a distance of 60.5 Km.
By Road Erumapatti Bus Station is the nearest bus station to Kolli Hills which is situated at a distance of 29.7 Km.